Thursday, May 27, 2010
In the works
Just thought I'd check in and let everyone see what is in the works here at The Little Leaf. I have a little guy that's getting close to being finished, but has taken a bit of a backseat to my first big bear. It's been fun creating a bigger guy, but it's been a very different experience from the miniatures. Here are a few things I've learned about bigger bears.
- The ears are much much easier to sew, but equally as difficult to position satisfactorily.
- The nose is still the very hardest part to get right (I still need to tweak this one a bit).
- Much larger needles or a good dose of ingenuity are required.
- It takes more fabric than you would expect (I am going to run out and need to re-order some more...oops!).
- The amount of stuffing that can fit in to a big bear head is just enormous!
Well, that sums it up so far. Next step is the body (the easiest part). Wish me luck!